It is getting close to that time of year again – football season! As we do every fall, we are putting together our flag football team for the Capital Alumni Network (CAN). We would love to have some Boilermakers join the team for the weekend league! It is a FREE league for players, until the minimal fee for playing in the playoff tournament. If interested in joining the team and getting more details, please contact coaches Joey Tetzloff (email@example.com) and Rob Firman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you would like more information on the CAN organization, feel free to visit the website.
It is time for our yearly alumni-student picnic! Join us as we meet some local Purdue students before they head back to campus.
Date: Saturday July 29th
Time: 11:30am -3:00pm
Location: Quincy Park, 1021 N. Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22201
Food/Drink: BBQ and dessert, Assorted Sodas and Spring Water
$12 for Pre-registration (RSVP must be received by July 21, 2017)
$5 Current Students
$5 Children 4-12 (Under 4 Free)
Incoming Students – Free (Family members of incoming students can pay current student price of $5)
1) Submit your payment via PayPal to email@example.com (please use the sending money to friends/family option to avoid additional fees) AND e-mail digital form (below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Send a check (payable to: Purdue Club of DC) and completed form to: Purdue Club of DC c/o: Bel St.John Day, 6308 Alderman Drive, Alexandria, VA 22315
RSVPs are due by Friday, July 21, 2017. RSVP received after July 21st will pay the walk-in rate.
Questions? Email Bel St. John Day (email@example.com) or Tyler Dant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to seeing you at the picnic! Boiler Up!
The Purdue Institution of Civic Communications (PICC) is having an event at the National Press Club on June 22nd. Boilermakers and their guests are welcome and can RSVP via http://www.piccstudents.org/picc-goes-to-dc.html.
*Must RSVP by June 7th*
The Facing the Zika Crisis and Other Emerging Threats event has been rescheduled and has a new format. This new event will be more of a roundtable format where guests will be encouraged to participate and will be held at the Capitol in order to inform and support the bipartisan Congressional effort to set aside funding to assist with threatening pandemics.
Date: June 8, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM-Noon (followed by a summary briefing luncheon)
Location: U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Room HVC-201AB
List of some of the current roundtable speakers:
- Matthew Memoli – Director, Laboratory of Infectious Diseases Clinical Studies Unit, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health
- Roberta DeBiasi – Co-Director, Congenital Zika Program and Chief, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Children’s National Health System
- Richard Kuhn – Director of Purdue’s Institute for Inflammation, Immunology and Infectious Disease
- Mitch Daniels – Purdue University President
Please RSVP at your earliest convenience to Ali Ashburn at Alison.Ashburn@HowardBakerForum.org.
Join fellow Big Ten Conference alumni at a DC United game!
Date: Saturday, May 20th
Time: 4:00 PM
Location: RFK Stadium
Use the code “Purdue” to ensure $5 of your ticket goes to our scholarship fund!
Ticket link: https://www.fevo.com/edp/Big-Ten-Night-at-DC-United-u4N5CaBN?promo