Appendix Q: Member and Non-Member Pricing Guidelines
- Grow Membership
- Increase Revenue for Purdue Alumni and its Clubs/Networks
- Establish consistency, where practical, in pricing across Clubs/Networks
- Implement member and non-member pricing for all fee-based events
- Establish sufficient gap between member and non-member pricing to provide a strong incentive for non-members to consider becoming members, even if at only the BASIC Membership level
- Set member pricing at sufficient level to reflect the value delivered to attendees, not simply to cover actual event costs
Recommended upcharge for nonmembers*
|If Member Price is…||Nonmembers Price should be Member Price PLUS…|
|Between $1 and $49||+$10|
|Between $50 and $74||+$15|
|Between $75 and $99||+$20|
|Between $100 and $149||+$35|
|Between $150 and $199||+$50|
|More than $200||+$60|
* Member can bring 1 guest at the member pricing; additional guests pay the nonmember price (or for family-oriented events, you could allow member pricing for member and immediate family members).
** It is highly recommended to avoid free events (with the exception of game watches and community service events), if possible. Consider a $5 or $10 member price and indicate that proceeds will support the club’s/network’s scholarship fund and/or local programs.
Note: Promote the fact that memberships start at only $25. Even the $25 BASIC Membership entitles member to discounted member pricing.