Chief Marketing Officer
President and CEO, Purdue Alumni Association
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for the primary leadership of all marketing and communication functions, including organizational strategy related to communication, brand and content marketing. The CMO directs all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing, membership and communication strategies, directs the implementation and execution of these strategies, and evaluates how these strategies deliver on organizational goals. The CMO is responsible for establishing metrics, designing campaigns and initiatives, and staffing the marketing and communication functions for essential outreach and engagement programs to meet established targets. The CMO works collaboratively with all university partners within Purdue.
- Lead a dynamic team of marketing, communication and brand professionals
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications platform to achieve Purdue Alumni’s goals, objectives and mission fulfillment
- Increase visibility of Purdue Alumni’s mission, vision, value and impact among key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Purdue Alumni’s Chief Experience Officer to ensure holistic, complementary efforts to advance organizational goals effectively and efficiently
- Maintain a uniform association image and voice that strengthens brand awareness
- Identify challenges and emerging opportunities facing the organization and the base of 640,000 alumni, ultimately defining and executing appropriate strategies
- Identify and pursue opportunities to further optimize organizational activities and processes
- Drive organizational growth and advancement through creative, innovative and visionary marketing, communications, and brand strategies
- Serve as liaison to president and CEO of Purdue Alumni in the preparation and dissemination of communication, including news releases and newsletters
- Serve as the Association’s lead press and public relations spokesperson
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Serve as an editorial lead for the Purdue Alumnus magazine and other Association publications
Team Development/Management Responsibilities
- Oversee the departments of Membership Marketing & Analytics, Membership Operations, Digital Marketing, Creative Communications, and Business Partnerships teams to include budgeting, planning, and staff development
- Recruit and mentor marketing and communication staff to develop and execute integrative strategies for the organization
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Establish and monitor staff performance and developmental goals, set objectives and priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals
- Master’s degree in marketing or related field is required
- Ten years’ experience in marketing or related field; a minimum of five years’ experience in developing and implementing print and digital marketing strategies and campaigns
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communication, media relations, and marketing programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Membership marketing experience preferred
- Experience with database-driven marketing and market research
- Experience in complex/matrix-driven organizations
- Experience working with and communicating to diverse populations
- Positive Impact/Achieving Results – Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. Able to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results.
- Service Excellence/Customer Focus – Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
- Marketing Channels – Knowledge of marketing options and opportunities; ability to advertise an organization’s products, services and brand through various channels.
- Marketing Function – Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the marketing function or department; ability to execute effective marketing plans and strategies.
- Marketing Strategy and Positioning – Knowledge of and ability to use business models to develop and implement marketing strategies, objectives, value proposition creation, and tactics as well as establishing a communications plan.
- Budgeting – Knowledge of, and ability to apply, policies and practices for planning and administering a budget.
- Leadership – Knowledge of, and ability to use, strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives. Ability to form and manage effective teams.
- Collaboration and Embracing Diversity – Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Jillian Henry, Vice President Organizational Development
Added June 14, 2019