Marketing/Media Intern for Purdue Black Alumni Organization
President of the Purdue Black Alumni Organization and the Strategic Lead of the PBAO working group at Purdue Alumni Association
Basic Function and Responsibilities
Carry out the mission of the Purdue Alumni Association by assisting in the marketing and engagement of the Purdue Black Alumni Organization (PBAO) and other student/alumni events and services. Specifically, manage email, website and social media accounts for the PBAO. Intern will be supervised by the PAA representative assigned as the liaison with the PBAO Board and coordinate assignments and the execution of duties and assigned tasks with that person and others as directed.
- 5-20 hours/week
- At times, schedule will depend based on events for that week
- Plan out daily posts for all the social media accounts, including submitting project requests for graphics needed. Monitor the PBAO email account – Receive incoming emails and forward to the designated PBAO board member and send out email blasts as directed. Update the PBAO website.
- Cross promote social media platforms by working with the Purdue Alumni Association’s Social Media Manager.
- Attend events and cover the events on social media.
- Monitor and respond to questions or concerns of customers through social media.
- Coordinate social media efforts with the Purdue Alumni Association social media pages so we have integrated marketing messages/graphics.
- Develop and manage engagement activities through social media such as contests or other activities.
- Assist in the development of video content that can be used on the website and social media.
Research the latest trends in social media to understand where customers are, other potential social media platforms for PBAO, and other student/alumni groups to see what others in the field are doing.
- Compile and present to director and PBAO board consistent updates concerning all social media engagement statistics such as number of followers, post engagement, best and worst posts, and more. Make statistics available to assist in developing engagement strategies.
- Significant experience with various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, HootSuite, and email systems and website postings and maintenance. Experience in website development is a plus.
- Skill set and knowledge base in communication and marketing
- This position requires working some nights and weekends
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals
- Microsoft Office experience preferred
Send resume and cover letter to: