PBAO Board of Directors Openings
The Purdue Black Alumni Organization (PBAO) has five volunteer board member openings. If you are self-motivated and committed to serving the Black alumni community through growing membership, scholarships, and mentorship and professional development opportunities, we invite you to apply.
The PBAO Board of Directors comprises alumni from the nonprofit and for-profit sectors who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for PBAO to advance its mission.
Send résumé or career vitae with cover letter to Sharon James at PBAOnominations@gmail.com.
Applications are due by Monday, October 5, 2020.
PBAO is the Purdue Alumni Association’s largest alumni network. Our fourfold purpose is to:
- Provide opportunities for connection and professional development
- Financially support the University by encouraging membership
- Engage in activities that benefit the recruitment, retention, and graduation rates of Black students
- Be the conduit to the University on issues relevant to Black alumni and students that enhance the Purdue experience
The Board of Directors shall elect a president, vice-president, secretary and treasure of the organization. Other offices and officers may be established and appointed by the active members of the association at the regular annual meeting.
The officers shall take office immediately upon their election, and shall serve for a term of three (3) years or until successors are elected. Officers are eligible for re-election. Vacancies in any office may be filled for the balance of the term thereof by the executive committee.
The president shall be the chief officer of the organization, and shall be present at meetings of PBAO and of the executive committee. He/She shall be a member ex-officio of all committees. He/She shall communicate to PBAO members such matters and make such suggestions as may in his/her opinion tend to promote the welfare and increase the usefulness of the organization, and shall perform such other duties as are necessarily incident to the office.
The administration and management of the organization shall be vested in the secretary. He/she shall direct the activities of the organization and perform such other duties as may be defined by the executive committee. It shall be the duty of the secretary:
- To give notice of and attend all meetings of the association and all committees and to make provision for the keeping of a record of proceedings;
- To conduct correspondence and to carry into execution all orders, votes, and resolutions not otherwise committed;
- To keep a membership lists;
- To prepare an annual report of the transactions and condition of the organization, and generally to devote his/her best interests to the organization.
- All funds will be deposited with and managed by the Purdue Alumni Association, with reports being provided to PBAO on a monthly basis.
Rules and Regulations
Read the governing document for PBAO