Q: How do I become a member of the Purdue Alumni Club of Central Iowa?
A: Contact Drew Brazie for information on joining. We encourage all members to also join the Purdue Alumni Association. Join now and enjoy the many great benefits.
Q: What’s the purpose of the club?
A: Networking, raising awareness of Purdue University, and creating scholarship opportunities for future Purdue students from the Central Iowa area.
Q: How do I know what’s going on with the club?
A: Keep your e-mail and mailing address current with your Purdue Alumni Association and you’ll receive continue to receive information about the local club. You can also become a fan of our Facebook page!
Q: Do I have to be a Purdue alumni to participate in the local club?
A: No, we welcome all Purdue fans to join in the fun.
Q: Are there family friendly activities?
We’re always on the look out for club volunteers! Current volunteer opportunities include:
- College Fair representatives
- The World Food Prize award activities (mid-October)
- More opportunities coming
Please share any volunteer interests you have with any club officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to our scholarship fund by clicking here!
Select “Purdue Alumni Club Scholarships” from the Designation Area field, then select “Central Iowa Scholarship” in the Select a Fund field.
Purdue Club Scholarship Information
Below are some of the terms and conditions for our club scholarship.
- The PURDUE CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA SCHOLARSHIP is an award to enrolled recipients in amounts ranging from $500 to $1,500 annually.
- The applicant must be a resident of one of the following counties as of the date of application: Adair, Adams, Boone, Clarke, Dallas, Greene, Guthrie, Jasper, Lucas, Madison, Mahaska, Marion, Marshall, Monroe, Polk, Poweshiek, Story, Tama, Union, Wapello, and Warren.
- Focus shall be on applicants who are enrolled freshmen and new transfer students, but undergraduate students who are returning may also apply and will be considered.
- The scholarship award is contingent upon the applicant being formally accepted by PURDUE UNIVERSITY .
- All applicants must submit an application form to the PURDUE CLUB OF CENTRAL IOWA c/o Scholarship Chairperson by application deadline.
- The scholarship shall go only toward tuition and fees in two equal consecutive semester payments, beginning the 2nd semester.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full time student status at PURDUE UNIVERSITY and maintain at least a GPA of 2.5 to receive the payment.
- Apply by March 15, 2020
Purdue Club of Central Iowa Scholarship Award Recipients
|Year of||Student Name||High School||Hometown|
|2017||Ryan Michael Hanson||Ames||Ames|
|2016||Ryan Michael Hanson||Ames||Ames|
|2016||Matthew Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2015||Ryan Michael Hanson||Ames||Ames|
|2015||MatthewTornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2014||Nathan Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2014||Kevin Porter||Roosevelt||Des Moines|
|2013||Kevin Porter||Roosevelt||Des Moines|
|2013||Nathan Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2012||Nathan Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2012||Kevin Porter||Roosevelt||Des Moines|
|2011||Nathan Tornquist||Mason City||Mason City|
|2011||Kevin Porter||Roosevelt||Des Moines|
|2010||Amy McCurdy||Iowa City West||Iowa City|
|2010||Eric Owens||West Des Moines Valley||West Des Moines|
|2010||Kevin Ruhs||West Des Moines Valley||West Des Moines|
|2010||Russell Travis Goff||Gilbert||Gilbert|