Small Steps, Giant Impact
From small steps to giant leaps, Purdue alumni have left footprints for 150 years. Advocating for a child’s welfare. Rescuing abused animals. Seeking a cure for cancer. Landing a man on the moon.
Purdue alumni are as humble as they are exceptional. As industrious as they are willing. They take initiative without seeking recognition. Though the names and the stories too often go untold, there are innumerable ways in which small steps create giant impact. Locally and globally.
To mark Purdue’s sesquicentennial, and honor the dedicated work of alumni everywhere, the Purdue Alumni Association wants to shine a light on these endeavors with the Small Steps, Giant Impact awards.
We’re asking you to nominate a Purdue graduate whose life and work make a giant impact. Even if it means the world to just one person.
It could be someone who …
- Brings food to an elderly neighbor and spends time with them.
- Mentors underprivileged youth and helps them realize their potential.
- Works to make healthy food accessible in underserved communities.
- Organizes volunteer relief efforts after disaster strikes.
- Develops strategies to mitigate environmental impacts.
Submit a Nominee for Small Steps, Giant Impact
Let us know. Share your submission in any of the following ways:
- Write up to 500 words in the field provided
- Upload additional documents (newspaper articles, CVs, Word docs)
- Post a video on YouTube or Vimeo
Once selected, finalists’ profiles will be featured online and in the Purdue Alumnus magazine. Voting will open in summer 2019 to determine winners of the Small Steps, Giant Impact award to be presented at Homecoming 2019.
Purdue alumni are special. We see it every day in our work at the alumni association. This is your chance to share the story of how one small step can make a giant impact.