Purdue Alumni Trustee Selection
Criteria for Selection of Purdue Alumni Trustee 2020
- Candidates must be graduates of Purdue University and current dues-paying members of the Purdue Alumni Association.
- Candidates must have the background, experience, education, and absolute integrity that will merit the confidence of faculty, students, the administration, and state government officials.
- Valuing the diversity of the Purdue constituent base will be of high consideration. There will be no discrimination against any candidate because of sex, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected group status as defined by law. There is no requirement that university trustees be residents of the state of Indiana.
- Candidates must have the willingness, time, and necessary potential to fulfill the obligations inherent in the position.
- Candidates should have a background of volunteer service with Purdue University and a demonstrated commitment to higher education.
- Particular interest in candidates with strong business acumen and high-level executive management experience in today’s economy and digital world. Strong interest in candidates with expertise and experience in STEM industries.
- Candidates will be required to disclose in writing any potential conflicts of interest. A conflict of interest should not be present in any candidate to the extent that such conflict could be detrimental to the University.
- Candidates must maintain a collaborative and inclusive presence in all meetings and events. Experience on other boards desirable.
Purdue Alumni Trustee Selection Process
Nominations were sought for the position of alumni trustee for Purdue University by the Purdue Alumni Association for a three-year term to begin July 1, 2020. Individuals desiring to be the Purdue Alumni Association nominee were screened and interviewed by a screening committee and the Purdue Alumni Association Board of Directors. The trustee screening committee accepted CVs and letters of interest until 5:00 p.m. (EST) on January 31, 2020.
Individuals who were not selected to be the Purdue Alumni Association nominee(s) and who nevertheless wished to be placed on the ballot were required to obtain a minimum of 500 signatures from current dues-paying members of the Purdue Alumni Association prior to 5:00 p.m. (EST) on March 8, 2020.
The Purdue Alumni Association nominee(s) and any other individuals who qualified to be placed on the ballot will be submitted to a vote of the current dues-paying membership of the Purdue Alumni Association in the Spring 2020 issue of Purdue Alumnus magazine. Voting will take place online or by paper ballot from May 4 through May 8, and the election results will be ratified by the Purdue Alumni Board of Directors on June 5 at the spring board meeting.
The successful candidate will be sent to the governor of Indiana for appointment on or before June 30, 2020.
More information on the duties of Purdue trustees can be found at www.purdue.edu/bot
If you have any questions, contact Jillian Henry, corporate secretary, regarding the trustee selection process.